terça-feira, 4 de março de 2014

Stories of Paraná - The good folk gypsy

Stories of Paraná - The good folk gypsy

The good folks gypsy
Lauro Grein Son

Hailed as "the land of all nations," the Paraná houses in the midst of ethnic groups harmoniously with which we understand, and we used we have become accustomed.
In my day clinic in Castro, beyond the brief relationship and outpatient consultations, had the course of hospital admissions, the chance of a longer and wider interaction with the representatives of different races who seek me there.
Were the Japanese Assam, the Dutch Carambeí, Newfoundland Germans, Poles River Below the Syrians Old North, diverse people in their concepts, fears and ways for attention, dialogues and also various treatments.
Among these, the easiest were the Japanese, the more suspicious the Syrians, the most agreeable Poles.
Once the Zecki Fadei came to my office flustered: - "I wish Mr. I saw the pressure."

- "Normal 13 is 8."
- "What a barbarity! Can not even trust anyone.
I was recently in Dr. Linnaeus and he told me, 13:07; went to Dr. Libanius,
14:08; spent in Dr. Bude, 14:07. How can you? "
I stated to him that all this fuss was comeuppance for his distrust.
Warned about the inconvenience to be consulting all the medical city, when it should fully rely on one, adding that most suitable for "pressure off" was a respectable lady her mother, elderly and sickly, and not he, young and healthy.
Do not imagine, however, at that time, that the human species would cross my path soon ... I noticed immediately upon arrival, occupying and populating the Indalécio Largo de Macedo, in front of the hospital, with their tents, their pots and their junk. And the window of my office I started to observe the movement of that strange people, and wandering mystic, populated by legends, mysteries and fantasies. In the afternoon they called me.
At the bottom of a tent, between mattresses, blankets and pillows, underwent a dingy gipsy girl and girl. Not have more than eight years and showed the symptoms and tests, evidence of insidious disease-sa: - meningitis.
Removed for the "Bom Jesus", the little deserved outset the greatest care, efforts and sleeplessness.
If serious and tedious in the precarious conditions of isolation, the exalted inconfor mismo-kin, in the absence of better therapeutic resources.
Hospital and tumultuous invaded by ciganada endured their worst moments.
The harassment was constant, the doubts and questions, persistent and intolerable.
Happy and finally a clear Saturday in May, the little girl was discharged.
Roma then overflowed with joy, gladness and gratitude, calling themselves my friends and even my brothers.
Agreed with the friendly doctor bills and hospital, they would pay the next day, Sunday, when I would offer a barbecue, also dedicated to the Sisters Hospital.
Would be at noon, mutton fat, already fattened for slaughter.
The invitation was extended to the wife and daughters, with nods gift crafted in silver, ashtrays, bracelets, adomos, etc ... and for you, in addition to payment, a big surprise.
The staff was really excellent, the best I had ever met, and that evidence of the purest friendship and gratitude really touched me and softened.
Well so Sunday morning, anticipating me on time, I decided to finish the camp of my new dear brothers.
Then I had the promised surprise. The Largo Indalécio Macedo there was desert, peaceful, serene, desolate as ever.
Neither sheep nor present, nor payment. And the gypsies, or the trail.

Grein Lauro Filho, physician and president of the Center of Arts of Paraná


Source: Stories of Paraná, Brasil.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário