quinta-feira, 9 de janeiro de 2014

Stories of Paraná - frustrated Beau Gest

Stories of Paraná - frustrated Beau Gest

Frustrated Beau Gest
Haroldo Fleet

The year 1963 wore on calm and torrid.
Quiet for us 18 year olds, who have not got on account of political unrest that culminated in the revolution of 64, and torrid in the literal sense, thanks to a prolonged drought and massive wildfires that ravaged the state, making it even more Curitiba gray.
Piolli, as I was homesick 5 recruits in "Company's headquarters, located in the old quarter of Rui Barbosa, today mixed bus terminal and Persian market.
Wealthy family, was kind of jovial and somewhat averse to rigorismos of conduct, even though he was a good person and responsible, a fact that led me to elect him as a friend.
I, in my turn, had some quirks not very consistent with age.
Crossing the street in the band, like classical music, had not set foot on the grass and not throw trash on the ground, among other things.
After the Military Training, and soon after the Ranch (lunch), we move our mission was the headquarters of Military Region 5 *, which at the time occupied the building now known as The Solar do Barão where desempenhávamos various activities.
Piolli was driver and I worked as a proofreader Daily Bulletin issued by HQ, sometimes doing a Sub-Lieutenant whose name I have forgotten.
One day, we received tangerines for dessert lunch, and immediately began the walk to the Barracks, where our hours beginning half an hour later.
I was peeling my fruit and keeping the shells on hand to throw them in the first trash can he found.
Piolli, irreverent as always, was throwing shells to all over the place, leaving a trail on the sidewalk, which naturally deserved my censorship, since our friendship allowed me this freedom.
When we arrived at Rua XV de Novembro, and Piolli had thrown down all their shells, indifferent to my complaints, I saw one of those garbage cans suspended on light pole, which then were made of tin.
It was exactly what I needed.
Proud of my "Beau Gest" and eager to give a good example to my "porcolino" friend, I approached the trash can and theatrically, there deposited the shells that kept on hand.
The effect could not have been more disastrous. The damn trash, rusted, was already unfunded and peels obviously spread all along the sidewalk, doing my partner squirm so much laughter.

Haroldo Fleet, Bachelor of Law


Source: Stories of Paraná, Brasil.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário