sábado, 4 de janeiro de 2014

Stories of Paraná - The Savvy

Stories of Paraná - The Savvy

The savvy
Lauro Grein Son

Had an opportunity to comment on how disappointed me interference superstitions and taboos to early medical career. Was not accustomed to such stories, nor imagined so frequent and can interfere with the work routine, hindering it at all times.
Every beginning is excited enthusiasm and I endeavored to offer the best of my science, everything he knew and could benefit in those who seek me. And because they wanted to reap the good fruits of the work undertaken, the spurious interference, hunches comadrescos, the opinions of laymen, were extremely unpleasant.
Here the citizen contrary to the injection feature never accepted by her father and grandfather, both past eighty, there the healer to propagate three prayers a week, the better for the "evils of the air", "swelling", the "rendidura of chairs. " During the treatments was infallible intrusion of "experts" to indicate the purgative, the escaldapés, the suckers, the poultice, washes the mustard plaster.
In cases of injury, the coffee, the spider web, the leaf fat.
Had to sides of
Socavão a respectable gentleman whose greatest delight was handling known popular pharmacopoeia.
He thought himself master of prodigious secrets of medicine, which generously distributed by the inhabitants of the district.
Wealthy man and numerous offspring, with consolidated prestige in the region, occupied prominent position in our directory Regional.
When the visits we made to your home amid the access of campaigns, it was necessary to express recommendation of doctors do not cross him in his opinion.
Because any disagreement could annoy João Carvalho, important fellow party.
The city indoctrinated many healers, whose antics earned forums and precepts of truth in the understanding that they resorted.
The practice of medicine was, therefore, these embarrassments, a mindset than three decades ago, in an environment of legends, fantasies and simplicity.
It was such a bitter disappointment when, one afternoon, when running conversation with lucid and enlightened person, descambei to the subject which so closely annoyed me. The citizen immediately passed me, going from right to criticize all sorts of superstitions, beliefs and follies, cases and things related to healing and health.
Revealed an exact view of all, encouraging me and encouraged me to vent my difficulties.
Found, finally, someone airier I listened and understood me.
Dialogue walked so warm and under mutual agreement, when reminded, by the way, a fact occurred yesterday.
I told him of a certain customer who sought me out, giving your crisis of rheumatism to the fact that there had coffee with milk and unwisely left the serene.
It was there that the individual has changed at all:
- "Well doctor, in which case I'm sorry sir, but it is what is right and what is wrong you are.
Coffee with milk and leave out, even warps. And on time! You can ask for Nha Marica Barbosa who understands this and does not let me lie.
I myself have seen several cases like that. Not there, doctor, has holy patience. "
Was serious and energetic, with a clear knowledge of the facts.
His conviction was firm and unwavering.
Any dispute would be awkward, inadvisable.
I felt that I should pursue. The conversation was emptied, and with my silence and my rendition, finally closed.

Grein Lauro Filho, physician and president of the Center of Arts of Paraná


Source: Stories of Paraná, Brasil.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário